WARNING: You might notice a proliferation of moustaches proudly exhibited by men in upcoming weeks. Don’t worry, it is not a comeback of the 80’s! It’s MOVEMBER time!
What is Movember?
During Movember, men across the globe grow moustaches while raising awareness and funds for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer. The principle is simple: participants begin by registering at Movember.com. These men, called Mo Bros, start with a clean-shaven face on November 1st, and don’t shave their upper lip until November 30th. Moustaches become symbols of solidarity, and spark hundreds of conversations about prostate cancer and men’s health issues!
You are a woman and want to do your part? Register at Movember.com and become a Mo Sista! Women can help by supporting their Mo Bros, organizing events, leading a team and spreading the message!
The funds raised in Canada are donated to Movember and its official partner, Prostate Cancer Canada, in support of number one male cancer.
- This November marks the 5th edition of Movember in Canada
- Since its beginning in Australia in 2003, Movember has become a worldwide phenomenon. Today, there are supporters in Finland, Russia, Dubai, Hong Kong, Antartica, Mumbai, South Africa, and a lot more!
- To date, more than 1,000,000 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas got on board, raising over $175 million for men’s health issues.
- In 2010, nearly 119,000 Canadian Mo Bros and Mo Sistas joined together to raise $22.3 million CAD.
- “Mo” is an Aussie slang for moustache
“Every moustache makes a difference and together we will change the face of men’s health.”
- Adam Garone, CEO and Co-Founder, Movember
For more info about Movember, visit www.movember.com
To help CASA Cares’ team One Love raise money or to join the team, click here!